The privacy commissioner of Canada defines privacy as an individual’s right to maintain control over the uses and circulation of his or her personal information.
Our commitment to you
At Integrated Benefit Solutions, our commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of our client’s personal information is an integral part of our corporate values. Integrated Benefit Solutions has adopted the ten privacy principles established by the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the protection of personal information. These ten principles form part of the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act. This Act establishes the rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
Why we ask for personal information
We ask for your information to establish and service your needs as a client. The personal information we ask for depends on the product or service you are requesting. For all products and services provided by Integrated Benefit Solutions, we need your name, a form of contact information and some form of further identification (ex: Business Name). Other information is requested depending on the product.
Here is why we may ask you to provide other information:
Birthdate: By providing us with your birthdate we are able to better identify you and ensure that no one is trying to impersonate you. We may also use your birthdate to determine your eligibility for products and or services that you are requesting.
Financial Information: By providing us with your financial information, we are able to assess your eligibility for certain products and services.
Health Information: Your health information is required for certain products and services to ensure you are eligible for coverage.
Business/Company Information: This information is required to provide accurate quotes for business products. Without it, we can not quote you. Insurance companies will not provide us with a quote without this information.
Our Ten Privacy Principles
- Accountability: All employees of Integrated Benefit Solutions are accountable for protecting the confidentiality and security of all personal information under their control.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which your personal information is being collected either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will explain the reason for and obtain your consent before using your personal information for any purpose, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Your medical and health information will only be shared with your consent. Integrated Benefit Solutions does not sell, trade or rent its clients’ personal information to any organization for any purpose.
- Limiting collection: We will limit the collection of your personal information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified
- Limiting use disclosure and retention: We will only use your personal information for the identified purposes, unless you have consented otherwise or when its required or permitted by law. Your personal information will only be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Accuracy: We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and amend it as necessary.
- Safeguards: We will protect the personal information we collect from you with security safeguards. We have measures in place to secure our paper files and computer systems.
- Openness: We will make available to you the information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information.
- Access: We will give you access to your personal information at your request, subject to any legal or business restrictions.
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions with respect to our ten privacy principles.
Online Privacy Statement
Integrated Benefit Solutions is committed to providing our customers with strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. This includes protecting the privacy of all personal information in our care. When handling personal information, we abide by the following Privacy Principles:
We respect your privacy
The information we collect
When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you in order to gauge usage and to improve your experience on our sites. In order to do this, we may collect information such as your IP address, the type of operating system you use, the time and duration of your visit to our sites, your geographical location and the web pages you visit within our sites. We may collect information about the number of times you visit our site and whether you are a new or repeat visitor. We may track where on our website you explore, how long you stay on a site and at what point you exit from our website.
We will only collect information that is pertinent and consistent with the purposes of the collection.
Some of the information we collect will be gathered, by us or by agents on our behalf, through the use of “cookies” and “web beacons”.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your web browser in your computer by a web server. Cookies contain information that can be retrieved by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies can make a website more useful by storing information about your preferences on our websites, which allows us to provide more useful features for you.
- Allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled so that we will know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
- Track your visits to our websites and recognize your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on the number of new and repeat visitors and evaluate our website effectiveness;
- Temporarily store information on your reading preferences and your path between pages on our website to give us insight on ways to further improve our website to provide a more useful, customized and enriching website experience;
- Temporarily identify your web browser after you have logged in on a secured page on our website so that our web browser can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities;
- Deliver targeted advertising with relevant messages that are more informative to you as an online consumer.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons. Web beacons are also sometimes referred to as “clear GIF images”, “pixel tags” or “single-pixel GIFs”. Web beacons are usually invisible to a user and are used for many of the same purposes as cookies.
We may include web beacons on our sites to:
- Determine if messages are opened and acted upon;
- Gather statistical information about our website usage patterns;
- Deliver information to you about our products and services.
The data collected by cookies and web beacons generally does not contain information that will identify one particular individual.
Links to other websites
Some of our websites may contain links to other websites that are not affiliated with us. We do not monitor nor maintain the privacy practices of these websites, and do not have authority over them. We do not assume any responsibility for their privacy policies and procedures.
It’s your choice
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set. You also have the ability to delete cookies that you have accepted. If you delete or disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
You can opt-out of analytics activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired. Please consult your browser’s Help Menu for instructions. Visiting our website with analytics cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience. Google currently offers a free Google Analytics opt-out tool. Click here for the tool.